What You Need to Know
Before configuring your shipping rates in your WooCommerce shop, we highly suggest reading their documentation on the subject.
- WooCommerce - Getting Started - Shipping
- WooCommerce - Setting Up Shipping Zones
- WooCommerce - Product Shipping Classes
You can also find our Shipping rates here: What are SPOD's shipping times and prices?
How Do I Configure Shipping Rates?
To configure your shipping rate in WooCommerce, head over to the WooCommerce integration in your WordPress Dashboard:
Go to WooCommerce
Click on Shipping
Add Shipping Zone
For the Shipping Zones, you need to define where exactly you want to ship orders. Please make sure that the countries you are selecting are available in the SPOD Shipping Calculator.
Once the zones are created, you can start adding shipping methods.
To add shipping methods:
- Hover over the Shipping Zone and select Edit.
- Go to Shipping methods down the page.
- Select Add Shipping method.
- Save changes
How Can I Offer More Than Standard Shipping?
You can configure your WooCommerce settings to offer multiple shipping methods, for example Standard, Express, and Premium. Make sure to check our SPOD Shipping Calculator to confirm that the shipping method you wish to offer is available for the region you are configuring.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
- Click on Shipping Zones and either select the zone you wish to configure, or add a new shipping zone
- Under Shipping methods click Add shipping method
- Select Flat rate in the dropdown menu and click Add shipping method
- Under flat rate click edit
- Set a name for this shipping method and click Save changes. Make sure to include the word standard, express, or premium.
- Repeat for other shipping methods and other shipping zones as needed.
Find more details on the setup process and advanced costs in the WooCommerce shipping documentation.
How Can I Offer Free Shipping?
You can also offer free shipping as a benefit for your WooCommerce customers, but keep in mind that this does not mean SPOD’s shipping costs will be free.
It is possible to offer free shipping for your customers in two different ways. The first is to create an option for all products in a specific Shipping zone, using the same method as for premium or express shipping.
You can also offer free shipping for specific products using Product shipping classes. To do this, create a class for free shipping and assign it to the products for which you wish to offer free shipping.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Classes
- Select Add shipping class
- Enter a Shipping class name and description
- Click Save shipping classes
You can then assign this new shipping class to specific products in WooCommerce > Products
How Can I Set Shipping Rate Per Order Size?
Flat Rate Shipping can be used to set up a shipping rate per order size. You can find more information about it here, WooCommerce shipping documentation.