When creating a product for WooCommerce, it is possible that the images and all variants will only be visible after a certain delay. This depends on many factors, such as the number of variants, the time limit of your WordPress website and your internet connection.
This problem is a known issue when the hosting provider you use for your WooCommerce store does not have enough capacity. Generally speaking, cheaper plans have cheaper capacity, and therefore pictures take longer to upload and the synchronization may occasionally fail.
All information should be correctly uploaded and visible after 30 minutes to 1 hour. If the download should take more than 1 hour, we suggest you that you update your web host.
What Can I Do?
Check if the image shows up in the Media section of your WooCommerce Dashboard
1. Go to your WooCommerce Dashboard
2. Click Media at the top of the left menu
3. Upload the images you want to sync
4. Check that the images are displaying correctly
Ask your hosting provider about the maximum permitted upload file size. How you do this will depend on your hosting provider.
You can find a list of suggested hosting providers here:
These are some (non-affiliated) hosting providers we recommend:
SiteGround is a simple hosting platform, starting at $3.99/month.
Bluehost is another provider good for simple stores, starting at $3.95/month.
DigitalOcean provide cloud-based storage built for developers, starting at $5/month.
WP Engine specializes in WordPress and WooCommerce hosting, starting at $29/month.
You can also contact our DEV support team through your WordPress or WooCommerce backend by doing the following:
- Go to your WooCommerce Dashboard
- Select SPOD at the bottom of the left menu
- Click on Support to open the technical support contact form
- Complete the form with name, email and your message. We will get back to you soon!!!