SPOD’s new deep linking feature allows merchants to add parameters to the Create Your Own Tool.
Previously, when a customer clicked your shop’s CYO link, they’d be taken directly to the tool. Now, merchants can specify what the customer will specifically see when they enter the tool. Besides the CYO function, merchants can also specify any design topics, design IDs, or products.
There are three specific functionalities of the new deep linking feature:
Deep link Design Topics
- Parameter designSearch=XXX
- Replace XXX with the search term
- Example: https://spod-samples.myshopify.com/pages/create-your-own?designSearch=father
Deep link Specific Design ID
- Parameter designId= XXX
- Replace XXX with the design ID. This can be found below the design image (only use the long number)
- Example: https://spod-samples.myshopify.com/pages/create-your-own?designID=1014425056
Deep link Specific Product
- Parameter productId=XXX
- Replace XXX with the product ID. This is the first part of the product’s SKU. The SKU can be found in the ‘product detail view.’
- Example: https://spod-samples.myshopify.com/pages/create-your-own?productId=1047220123