Here, you will find the different print file requirements for all of our printing methods.
To learn more about our printing methods: What are SPOD’s printing techniques?
Requirements for Pixel Designs
- PNG, JPG, BMP, or GIF file format.
- Maximum file size 10 MB.
- Image resolution at least 200 dpi for apparel.
- Image resolution at least 400 dpi for non-apparel.
- Maximum size 4000 x 4000 pixels.
- Minimum size 1000 x 1000 pixels.
- Design is isolated.
Requirements for Vector Designs
- We support SVG, AI, and CDR file formats.
- Your design must not exceed 15 x 15 inches. We recommend 11 x 11 inches as the ideal size.
- Lines and other parts of the design must have a diameter of at least 0.06 inches.
- Maximum 3 colors: we can print up to three colors with vector files as plot print (flex, flock, special flex). Vector files with more colors will be printed with Digital Direct.
- Please create each color in your design as a separate layer.
- All objects and text to be printed must be converted into paths.
- Make sure that all curves are completely closed and do not overlap each other.
Please note: if the vector file is printed as a plot print (flex, flock, and special flex printing), an extra $2.50 /2,50€ will be added to the product price when they are selected. This is a one-time charge per product, not per design or print area.
Requirements for Poster Designs
Posters can only be printed if the following requirements are met:
- Portrait (2:3 / 3:4), landscape (3:2 / 4:3) or square (1:1) format.
- Resolution: 200 dpi minimum.
- Minimum size:
- Portrait: 4724 × 7087 px.
- Landscape: 7087 × 4724 px.
- Square: 4724 × 4724 px.
- File formats: JPG, PNG.
- Size limit: 100 MB.
- Color profile: RGB or CMYK.
- White design elements will not show up on the white poster backgrounds, you cannot print white designs.
- Additional 2 mm margin on all sides (to avoid clipping).