Print-on-demand dropshipping is where a business or individual works with a supplier to create personalized products. Suppliers are responsible for holding stock, printing, and shipping, whereas the business or individual is responsible for marketing and taking care of the point of sale. Products are only printed after an order has been placed and paid for.
To understand the concept better, it is important to have an overview of the process:
- A customer places an order in a merchant's store.
- An order is manually or automatically forwarded depending on the integration's setting.
- The amount the merchant has to pay for an order is authorized via a Batch Authorization Payment.
- Order(s) goes into production.
- Finally, once the order is shipped to your customer, the payment is captured.