When a customer completes an order, merchants will have access to a wealth of information. This means you’ll have the ability to keep tabs on everything that goes into production and shipping.
Specifically, merchants will have access to
- SPOD tracking ID
- The specific order’s history
- A downloadable invoice
- A comprehensive breakdown of products and shipping costs
- The ability to duplicate orders (more info below)
- The ability to contact customer service about a specific order
- The ability to cancel an order
- Ability to request fulfillment (more info below)
If a customer wants to re-order a specific product, you can easily duplicate their previous order. After clicking the “duplicate” button, you’ll automatically be directed to the Shopify interface (with all the relevant order information). If the order is duplicated in Shopify, we’ll still receive all the necessary information.
Merchants can request fulfillment at any time, but this is only relevant for those who have activated “manual order review.” Furthermore, this means that merchants no longer have to rely on the actual Shopify order view.
It’s also important to remember SPOD’s seven order states, which summarize the status of a specific order. It would be a good idea to pass this specific information along to your customers:
- In review: the order is awaiting review (approval/cancellation) by the merchant.
- Waiting for your payment: order is approved (or manual order review isn’t activated), but the payment authorization has failed.
- Waiting for customer payment: the order is waiting for the payment by the customer
- Waiting for production: the order has been approved but is waiting for production, here you can still edit or cancel the order.
- In production: the order is currently being produced and can no longer be canceled or edited.
- Fulfilled: the order has been handed over to the shipping handler.
- Cancelled: the order has been cancelled by SPOD or the merchant.
- Needs action: there is a problem with your order, please check the order details. This is usually a shipping address issue.