What happens after an order has been placed depends on if “Manual order review” has been activated.
What is manual order review?
If you have opted for manual order review , new orders will be marked as “open” in your Shopify order details until you manually approve them for fulfillment. Once you approve the order, we’ll authorize a payment (place a hold) for product/shipping costs with the credit card on file. We’ll then print, pack, and ship the order(s).
There are some checks that you should do before requesting fulfillment:
- Check that the shipping address is deliverable, e.g. check the shipping is complete and correctly filled out
- Check there is a customer name
- Check the customer has paid
Once the package is shipped, we will:
- Charge the credit card on file
- Update the Shopify order status to “fulfilled”
To be clear, there’s a difference between “authorizing” a payment on the credit card and “charging” the credit card. You do not pay a penny until the product has been shipped.
What if manual order review is deactivated?
If manual order review is deactivated, your orders will automatically go into production with no review from you. This means SPOD will:
- Authorize the payment on the merchant’s credit card
- Complete the production process
- Ship the order
- Charge the merchant’s credit card